Recent Fire Damage Posts
Saving Furniture After a Fire
After a fire has struck your home it can be overwhelming as to what happens next. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties urges you to give us call so we can give you peace of mind when you need it most. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties specializes in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help save you money- especially when it comes to furniture. We use several cleaning methods including:
- Foam Cleaning- This method is used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Spray and Wipe- We utilize this method for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning- This is the most effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Abrasive Cleaning- This method involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning- Using this method, contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
- Dry Cleaning- We use this approach to clean light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
All of our methods use the latest technology to give your furniture the best chance of restoration. Should you need help after a fire, we have 24-hour emergency service and are “Faster to any size disaster.” Give SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties a call at 765-575-8654, and we’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
What Should You Do After A Fire?
A house fire is every homeowner’s nightmare; the aftermath can feel like the flames are always there to haunt you. However, with help from SERVPRO, you can have your home back to its smoke-free original state, “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties offer many fire services including fire restoration, water damage, odor removal, and carpet and upholstery cleaning.
A few tips SERVPRO suggests following after a fire:
- Be sure to limit the movement throughout the home after the fire has occurred. Movement can cause soot particles to become embedded into upholstery and carpets, making it a lot harder to clean and bring back to its original state.
- Ensure you have a helping hand to move items out of the home. Wet materials can be extremely heavy and hard for one person to manage. Proper lifting techniques can result in overall success for everyone and everything involved. A huge bonus to using SERVPRO’s team of professionals… they will move your damaged items for you.
- After you turn your electricity off, remember to empty out your refrigerator and freezer. Prop open the doors once emptied so it can be aired out.
- Stay safe. Don’t attempt to wash walls, shampoo carpets, clean electrical appliances, turn on ceiling fans, or dry clean clothing before contacting SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties. Doing these simple tasks can expose you to harmful toxins. SERVPRO has specialized technicians and scientific processes to help remove the toxins from your home. Let us help you stay safe.
We hope you never experience the nightmare of a house fire, but if you do, contact SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties at 765-575-8654, We’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
Getting Rid Of The ‘Smoke Smell'
If you’ve experienced a fire, you know that the one of the worst parts of the cleanup process is getting rid of the smell. Not only is the stench pervasive and hard to get rid of, but smelling it triggers memories of the tragedy that can be associated with fire. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties is dedicated to making your post-fire clean up “Like it never even happened”… even when it comes to the smoke smell. When you call our team of professionals, here’s what you can expect:
Your belongings will get special treatment. All of your items will be entered into our contents claim inventory service, which will provide a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. SERVPRO can clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. If you need some items back right away, you’ll have the opportunity to “fast track” some of these items.
Your walls and flooring will get cleaned through our custom process. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces. Do not attempt to clean any walls or painted surfaces without contacting us. There is no need to unnecessarily expose yourself to toxins the fire may have left behind.
We’ll even clean the air. If you can smell smoke, that may mean that there are harmful gases in the air. We do not just mask the smell with more chemicals. Our team is trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
When disaster strikes, your team at SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties wants to make it “Like it never even happened.” Trust the SERVPRO team to help you get the smoke smell out of your fire-damaged property. Give us a call at 765-575-8654.
After the Fire: Helping with the Details
You just experienced a disastrous fire. The last thing you want to do is spend hours hassling with details and paperwork. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties understands the headaches that can come with a fire, and our team is here to help alleviate as much stress as possible and make it “Like it never even happened.”
Working with insurance. Because SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties handles fire restoration on a regular basis, we can help you work with your insurance company. Our goal is to help you get what you need in a timely manner.
Preferred partners. Over our many years of experience, we have developed relationships with other partners to help your project get completed. For example, we have partnerships with fabric restoration specialists who can help with clothing and linens and electrician contractors who we can call on to help when wiring needs arise. We’re on a first-name basis with other reputable companies and you can trust that you are in good hands. However, if you already have a company you like working with, we’re glad to work alongside them as well.
Personal service. When you’ve experienced a tragic fire, you don’t want to be treated like a claim number. You want to be treated like a human being. SERVPRO will learn your name and find out how we can best serve you in your time of need. There are no “silly questions.” We want you to ask us about what’s on your mind so we can serve you better. We’re more than a restoration company. We’re members of this community, and we care about you.
Are you an insurance company who needs a trusted partner who will take good care of your clients in the event of a fire? Reach out to SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties and request a personal tour of our restoration headquarters. We’d be glad to show you around and find out how we can best serve you. Call Diana at 765-575-8654 to set up your appointment.
Surviving The Chaos After A Fire
A fire at your home or office can feel devastating. After the last firetruck leaves and the smell of smoke is still lingering in the air, where can you turn? As you walk through the rubble, you see your valuables damaged by smoke and soot. The water that helped to save what’s left seems to have ruined a lot of your possessions in the process. It takes more than time to get your life back to normal, and that’s where it helps to have a partner in post-fire cleanup.
SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties understands the feelings of devastation that follow a fire and they are ready to help you make things “Like it never even happened.” Here’s what we can offer:
- We’ll work with your insurance company. If you have insurance, we will work with them to make sure you get the full benefit of your insurance coverage, and we can even give you advice about how to manage replacement needs.
- Our SERVPRO team will carefully sift through your belongings and help you determine the things you need “right now,” what you need “later on,” and what will need to be replaced.
- All of your items that can be restored will be collected and cataloged. Everything is accounted for using SERVPRO’s proven process to keep your items safe and restored to their best possible condition.
- Once the team from SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties have your items gathered and cataloged, we’ll begin the restoration process. With our advanced technology, we’ll clean each item and pull all of the “smoke smell” out of your fabrics. We can treat furniture, equipment, clothing, and more.
- We’ll return your items to you in a timely fashion, but that’s not where our service ends. We also can treat your home or office space for water, smoke and soot damage. We can remove this damage from walls, flooring and air ducts.
- One of the phrases we hear a lot from our SERVPRO customers is, “Everything smells so fresh and like new.” That’s the idea. We know the last thing you want to smell after a fire is the smell of fire. We aim to make it “Like it never even happened.”
We hope that you never have to use the fire restoration services available through SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties. It is, however, an honor to serve families and businesses impacted by fire and to guide them through the devastation so that they can return to normal life, “Like it never even happened.”
Commercial Fire Damage
SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties Ultra Sonic Cleaning System located locally here in Henry County.
A fire in your business can be overwhelming, regardless of the size. As a business owner your focus is on handling the job promptly and properly to minimize disruption to your customers, employees and vendors. Timely response can help minimize business interruption and revenue loss. Proper removal of smoke and soot can help prevent lingering odors from occurring.
SERVPRO® of Henry and Randolph Counties understands the feelings of frustration and concern that can follow fire damage. Our priority is to help you regain control and get your doors open again. Armed with industry-approved equipment and expertise, SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals use the latest equipment, products and processes to properly remove smoke, soot and fire damage from walls, flooring and air ducts. As well as, restore furniture, contents and equipment.
Business closures due to fire damage don’t just affect the business owner. It affects employees, their families, customers and the community. Utilizing the latest equipment and technology, our crews work tirelessly to minimize both the time and cost of the recovery. Our goal is make the damage to your commercial property “Like it never even happened.” At SERVPRO® of Henry and Randolph Counties we are ready for whatever happens and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year call us at 765-575-8654.
Once the fire is out, who will help put your home or business back together?
To you, it's more than just a business, it's your livelihood.
SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties understands the feelings of frustration and overwhelming concern related to handling fire damage. Our priority is to help you regain control and get your doors open again.
Armed with industry-approved equipment and expertise.
SERVPRO will make every effort to restore your business to preloss condition when possible. We use the latest equipment, products and processes to properly remove smoke, soot and fire damage from walls, flooring and air ducts. We will also work to restore furniture and equipment to preloss condition. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you get your business back in business.
Business closures due to fire damage don't just affect the business owner. We understand the affects to employees, their families and the community.
No matter how the fire started, a feeling of concern about business closures, employee safety and equipment replacement seems to follow. After calling the Fire Department to put the fire out, call SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties to clean up the damage.
Call us at 765-575-8654 for your fire damage restoration needs.
Henry County Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke– Plastic and Rubber
Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke– Paper and Wood
Protein Fire Residue– Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today –765-575-8654.