When Water Strikes: Part 1-Caring for Your Belongings
Water damage can do more than destroy the structure of your home. It can also be held responsible for ruining personal belongings as well. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties understands that your home is much more than a structure- your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings are what turn a house into a home.
SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. SERVPRO has the mentality of “restore” versus “replace” and understands the sentiment your personal items hold. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. Several cleaning methods will be used to clean your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning- Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning- An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe- Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning- Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning- Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning- Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
Don’t lose your personal items to water damage. Allow us to restore your damaged items and save the memories that they hold. Give SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties a call at (765) 575-8654 and we’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
Extending the Family Feeling: Justin’s Story
Working in restoration is definitely not for everyone. For some however, it’s their niche. Justin is part of the team at SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties, and he enjoys making it “Like it never even happened.” Every day is different in the realm of restoration, but that’s what keeps Justin on his toes and looking forward to each day serving the community through SERVPRO.
After arriving at the office and participating in the daily team rally, Justin hits the town to begin completing his tasks for the day. These tasks can range anywhere from working in a crawlspace remediating mold to extracting water from a basement flood. No two days are the same, and that’s what keeps working at SERVPRO interesting for Justin.
“I appreciate getting out in our community and having the chance to meet new people and build special relationships,” Justin explained. “Our SERVPRO crew is like family and we like to extend that to others.”
Justin recalls helping a woman in the community who slipped into a depression after her mother passed. “Because of the depression, she kind of let things go,” Justin recalled. “SERVPRO was able to help, not only clean her house of the clutter and debris, but also allow her a fresh start in her home.”
He also had the opportunity to help a friend during the winter months. “My friend had gotten stuck in a muddy field and by the time the vehicle was freed, the entire thing was covered in mud. The SERVPRO team was able to take care of him and get him out of the pinch. He really appreciated it.”
Justin not only meets community members through SERVPRO, but in other platforms as well. Being enlisted in the Indiana National Guard, he is given the opportunity to reach even more members of the Henry and Randolph Counties. Justin also enjoys attending fundraisers, especially when they involve food! In addition to work and community activities, Justin loves spending time with his wife, two daughters, and dogs. He likes to go to the YMCA, play basketball with a group of friends on Monday nights, and completing small building projects at home.
SERVPRO appreciates having Justin on the team. Thank you for all that you do, Justin!
When Your Appliances Rebel
Is there anything worse than your toilet overflowing with water or your dishwasher going awry? When the household appliances you count on everyday decide to have a major mishap, have no fear. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties can restore your home back to pre-water damage condition. SERVPRO offers a variety of services to meet your unique needs.
- Sewage and toilet overflow- Water from the toilet should be considered toxic. Not only is this grossly unsanitary but it also may contain bacteria and viruses that could cause serious illness.
- Odor removal- By identifying the cause of the odor we can remove it without a trace. By using an air scrubber device we are able to filter the air in your home, making sure it is cleaner for you to breath.
- Hard floor cleaning- When your hard wood floors get water on them, quick cleanup is essential. In addition to cleaning up water damage, hard floors tend to accumulate dirt over time and will need professional cleaning to remove the buildup.
- Carpet maintenance- Once water overflows from appliances it is vital to get SERVPRO’s team on the job immediately. Protect your investment by choosing one of our various specialized cleaning methods.
- Rid mold growth potential- We offer 24-hour emergency service so any problem you might have will be dealt with as quickly as possible.
If you find yourself in a battle with your household appliances, let the professionals handle the job. Give us a call at (765) 575-8654 and SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties will have your home “Like it never even happened.”
Staying Dry After Spring Rains
Spring in Indiana means the grass is growing and the flowers are blooming. All of that growing and blooming is made possible by the abundant rains the area receives. While rain might be great for growing plants, it may not be great for a basement prone to flooding. How can you manage water damage caused by springtime rain?
- Remove it quickly. If you experience flooding in your home or business, reach out to SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties by calling 765-575-9654. Our trained team is “Faster to any size disaster” and can get the water out of your property.
- Dry it out. It’s vital that you thoroughly dry your property. Just because the water is mopped up doesn’t mean there isn’t dampness in the floors and walls that needs to be remedied. SERVPRO has advanced equipment that can determine dryness and air movers that can expedite the drying process.
- Watch for mold. Mold isn’t just unsightly, it can lead to toxic air. SERVPRO can detect unhealthy levels of mold spores and clean it up as needed. SERVPRO has machines that are actually called “air scrubbers.” These machines leave the air clean and fresh… without mold spores.
Facing water issues this spring or summer? Contact SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties. We’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
Seeing the Difference: Ray’s Story
Many people don’t get to see the immediate result of the work they do. That’s not the case with Ray Dickey, Operations Manager with SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties. Ray has the opportunity to see the difference SERVPRO makes for residents and businesses in the Henry and Randolph County area.
There aren’t many typical days for Ray, but he does usually start the day going over his productions schedule and getting the SERVPRO team of professional in place.
“Later, I’ll go out to do inspections on new jobs so we can get estimates going,” Ray noted. “I also like to check in on our current projects and make sure the staff has what they need.”
Back at the office, he helps field calls and emails, works on estimates, and lines up subcontractors when needed. Sometimes he needs to pitch in to help on a job. Ray appreciates the opportunity to see how SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties is making a difference for the people in the community.
“You can see the direct results right in front of you,” he shared. “We take a job from unclean and potentially hazardous… sometimes uninhabitable... to where it’s clean and safe to live and work in.”
Some of the jobs Ray has worked on have touched his heart. He recalls one family who had a little boy with a terminal illness. Through a non-profit foundation, he was able to take the trip of a lifetime. When the family came back home, however, there had been a fire in the house and the fire extinguisher had left behind a powder that made it challenging for him to breathe inside the home.
“This little boy just wanted to get back home, and his family wanted him to be able to spend his last days at home,” Ray explained. “They got ahold of us and we were able to go over immediately so he could go inside his home where he wanted to be.”
While Ray prides himself in caring for clients like they were family, sometimes they actually are.
“Right now, I’m working on a family member’s house that has severe water damage,” he said. “It’s great to know I can take care of them through a rough situation. They can rely on us.”
Ray has a deep appreciation for the SERVPRO corporation and claims that he bleeds green and orange. He has taken almost every certification available through SERVPRO.
“SERVPRO corporate gives us the tools and resources to provide a great service. I get to make a bad situation ‘Like it never even happened.’”
Business Solutions for Keeping Things Clean
When it comes to your business, keeping things clean can make a big difference. First, you want to be sure to provide a safe and clean environment for your employees. This impacts morale and can also lead to improved attendance when your workplace is disinfected and employees are sick less often. Second, you want to make a good first impression on your customers. A clean, well-cared for office makes your business look better and creates good thoughts in the minds of your customers.
So, how can you keep things clean? SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties offers these tips:
- Deep clean your flooring. Sure, your maintenance staff runs the sweeper and mops the floors. Sometimes, however, your flooring needs a deep cleaning. SERVPRO offers cleaning for carpet and upholstery to help remove stains and smells. Hard flooring may appear easy to clean, but these materials often have soil accumulate over time. Professional cleaning by SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties can remove this build-up.
- Attack the mold. While some levels of mold are normal, when humidity gets out of balance, it can lead to unhealthy mold problems. SERVPRO can do a mold damage assessment to see the extent of treatment needed. We can contain the mold and bring in our air filtration systems to attack the mold problem.
- Don’t attempt to clean up biohazardous materials. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties is trained and equipped to transform unhealthy environments back into clean, safe spaces. Biohazard situations may include sewage backups, crime scenes, blood cleanup, accident cleanup, and chemical spills.
- Get rid of the stink. If you notice customers wrinkling up their noses, you may have gone “noseblind” to the odors in your office area. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties can identify and help remediate tough odors.
- Take care of vandalism. Vandalism can feel like a major violation to you personally as well as to your employees. Get rid of those negative feelings as well as the unsightly damage by contacting SERVPRO immediately after notifying authorities. If you have insurance that covers this type of clean up, we will work with your insurance company and make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Don’t forget the air ducts and HVAC equipment. Ventilation systems that aren’t properly cleaned can lead to poor indoor air quality. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties can help lessen the dust, pollen, and other contaminants circulating in your air. Keeping your HVAC equipment clean can also help extend the life of your equipment, saving you money in the long run.
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO understands the needs of all sizes of businesses. We want to make any issue you are having “Like it never even happened.” Call today at 765-575-8654 and set up a time when we can visit your business share how we can help.
What Should You Do After A Fire?
A house fire is every homeowner’s nightmare; the aftermath can feel like the flames are always there to haunt you. However, with help from SERVPRO, you can have your home back to its smoke-free original state, “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties offer many fire services including fire restoration, water damage, odor removal, and carpet and upholstery cleaning.
A few tips SERVPRO suggests following after a fire:
- Be sure to limit the movement throughout the home after the fire has occurred. Movement can cause soot particles to become embedded into upholstery and carpets, making it a lot harder to clean and bring back to its original state.
- Ensure you have a helping hand to move items out of the home. Wet materials can be extremely heavy and hard for one person to manage. Proper lifting techniques can result in overall success for everyone and everything involved. A huge bonus to using SERVPRO’s team of professionals… they will move your damaged items for you.
- After you turn your electricity off, remember to empty out your refrigerator and freezer. Prop open the doors once emptied so it can be aired out.
- Stay safe. Don’t attempt to wash walls, shampoo carpets, clean electrical appliances, turn on ceiling fans, or dry clean clothing before contacting SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties. Doing these simple tasks can expose you to harmful toxins. SERVPRO has specialized technicians and scientific processes to help remove the toxins from your home. Let us help you stay safe.
We hope you never experience the nightmare of a house fire, but if you do, contact SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties at 765-575-8654, We’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”
Tornadoes: How SERVPRO can help after a major disaster
Tornadoes can occur anywhere, but the Midwest gets more than its fair share of these terrifying storms in the spring and summer months. If a tornado touches down in your neighborhood, SERVPRO is “faster to any disaster” and can help you with the aftermath.
- Wind damage- Wind speeds in a tornado can be as high as 300 mph. While these high winds can demolish a home, more common is damage to a home’s roof and siding. When this happens, you need to act fast to prevent further damage. SERVPRO partners with trusted contractors that we can connect you with to make it "Like it never even happened.”
- Water damage- Tornadoes come from the energy released in a thunderstorm, which usually involves rain. Wind and rain can combine for a dangerous mix when it comes to the well-being of your home or business. If you have water damage after a tornado or other type of storm, call SERVPRO as soon as the storm passes, and we’ll work with you to preserve your belongings and prevent mold growth.
- Downed trees and limbs- If you experience downed trees and limbs, contact us and we can refer you to a trusted contractor to help remove the debris. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties can help you with the damage left by the downed trees and limbs, including the clean-up of broken glass and insulation pieces, which can be dangerous.
We hope you never have to experience the aftermath of a tornado, but if you do, contact SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties and we’ll make it "Like it never even happened.”
Getting Rid Of The ‘Smoke Smell'
If you’ve experienced a fire, you know that the one of the worst parts of the cleanup process is getting rid of the smell. Not only is the stench pervasive and hard to get rid of, but smelling it triggers memories of the tragedy that can be associated with fire. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties is dedicated to making your post-fire clean up “Like it never even happened”… even when it comes to the smoke smell. When you call our team of professionals, here’s what you can expect:
Your belongings will get special treatment. All of your items will be entered into our contents claim inventory service, which will provide a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. SERVPRO can clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. If you need some items back right away, you’ll have the opportunity to “fast track” some of these items.
Your walls and flooring will get cleaned through our custom process. SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces. Do not attempt to clean any walls or painted surfaces without contacting us. There is no need to unnecessarily expose yourself to toxins the fire may have left behind.
We’ll even clean the air. If you can smell smoke, that may mean that there are harmful gases in the air. We do not just mask the smell with more chemicals. Our team is trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
When disaster strikes, your team at SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties wants to make it “Like it never even happened.” Trust the SERVPRO team to help you get the smoke smell out of your fire-damaged property. Give us a call at 765-575-8654.
Spring Storms: More than just ‘April showers’
As spring settle in, here in the Midwest we know that means spring storms. Here’s a guide from SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties to help prepare for storms and repair from storms if needed.
Before the storm: Make sure your roof is in good condition. If you notice loose shingles, contact a roofing contractor to get them repaired. Be sure that all winter debris is cleared from your gutters, drains, and downspouts. Trim your trees from any hanging limbs that may damage your home or automobiles. If you hear reports of threatening weather coming, do a quick scan of your yard and put away lawn chairs, yard equipment, toys, and delicate lawn ornaments.
During the storm: Stay indoors if possible. Make sure that you have a safe place to stay if there is a tornado. A windowless, indoor room or a basement is preferable. Keep battery-operated flashlight handy and make sure your cell phone is fully charged. Don’t attempt to assess any damages until the storm has passed.
After the storm: The team at SERVPRO of Henry and Randolph Counties is here to help you if spring storms damage your home. If you experience flooding, we can help you dry things out and can prevent mold and mildew from taking over. If you have damage to your home, call us and we will connect you with trusted contractors who can help. We’ll make it “Like it never even happened.”